Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining records and files
- Assist in Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Assist in Accounts Payable process
- Assist in Food & Beverage Accounting
- Assist in Budget Data Entry
- Post journal entries to Peachtree
- Assist with inventory tracking / keying
- Administrative support
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. 1-2 years in Accounting or Finance environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of financial and/or cost accounting
- Have the ability to multi-task under extreme deadline pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and other encountered in the course of employment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work flexible hours based on events, including daytime, evening, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must have professional attitude and appearance
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have extensive knowledge of Peachtree and Excel spreadsheets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for review of statistical and other financial records and information.
Working Conditions: Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. Physical requirements include walking, stooping, lifting up to 30 lbs. and standing for extended periods of time.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
SMG/Raising Cane's River Center