POSITION: Convention Sales Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales and Marketing
Primary responsibility is booking small events within the SMG complex including, but not limited to, the following event types: private, corporate, association, non-ticketed, and community-related. Responsible for working in conjunction with the Director of Sales, Marketing & Events, Event Coordinators, Sales Manager and Marketing Manager to market the venues and specific event-related promotions to increase revenue.
Sales Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Generate new sales leads and establish new bookings
- Work with the Director of Sales, Marketing & Events and Visit Baton Rouge to identify sales leads
- Maintain relationships with existing clients
- Respond to sales leads and prepare rental proposals for all spaces within the SMG Complex as needed
- Follow up on proposals/leads
- Maintain accurate holds and client information in booking system: smgbooking.com
- Submit Requests for Event Coordinators to work up estimated staffing costs
- Work as needed with Event Coordinators for smooth transition of accounts
- Maintain sales files with accurate information, including but not limited to leads, proposals, correspondence, etc.
- Conduct and assist in site visits with prospective clients
- Prepare site visit packets and create custom presentations as applicable
- Work key events as needed and other major events as assigned
- Create thank you letters and follow up with clients at conclusion of each event
- Initiate License Agreements for definite bookings and proof prior to circulation for signatures
- Follow up on deposits, COI and final settlements
- Participate in hospitality related events and associations to promote facilities
Marketing Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Director of Sales, Marketing & Events on the overall marketing of all venues for increased exposure.
- Assist the Director of Sales, Marketing & Events on specific event-related marketing for increased revenue through ticket sales.
- Marketing efforts could include, but are not limited to: creation of sales collateral, presentations, direct mail, email campaigns, website marketing, website updates, advertising and social media marketing.
- Maintain stock of all venue promotional client gift items and printed sales collateral
Miscellaneous Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and submit expense reports for Director of Sales & Marketing
- Maintain annual departmental budget
- Special projects as assigned – i.e. ordering and delivering client gifts, holiday cards
- Share in the responsibilities of coordinating and executing company hosted events
- This position is issued a company paid cell phone, which requires you to answer and reply to all phone calls, text messages, and emails in a timely manner (within 24 hours).
** All other duties associated with the SMG Raising Cane’s River Center as assigned.
- MS Window Apps (Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) (Adobe Suite Experience a plus).
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and ensure completion.
- Ability to deliver high quality work and function both independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to work events as scheduled, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Ability to physically move around the facility.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience and education (Hospitality Management, Venue Sales, Customer Service or related field).
- Sales/Guest/Customer Service experience (face to face interaction).
- Minimum of five years of Sales & Marketing experience preferably in hospitality industry
Working Conditions: Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. Physical requirements include walking, stooping, lifting up to 50 lbs. and standing for extended periods of time.
This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The job responsibilities and tasks described herein may be modified and expanded over time. I have read and understand the above requirements of the job. I have received a copy of this position description.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.