POSITION: Food & Beverage Accountant
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
FLSA STATUS: Salaried/Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Food & Beverage Accountant at the Baton Rouge River Center. The Food & Beverage Accountant performs the daily accounting functions for the Food & Beverage department at the facility.
- Assists in the development and implementation of facility Food & Beverage goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and SMG policies and procedures.
- Accumulates/reviews data for food and beverage operation, including payroll information, purchasing invoice coding and other accounts payable information, accounts receivable billing and collection information, event settlement information, and other food and beverage income related information.
- Assists with the preparation of all Food & Beverage financial reporting, including:
- Assists the Finance Department with accumulation of data needed for the preparation of financial statements for the Client and SMG Corporate, and other financial reports, including monthly statements, Annual Budget and Annual Report.
- Administers internal audits involving review of Food & Beverage department accounting and administrative controls.
- Prepares Food & Beverage cost analysis and rate studies.
- Administration of and maintenance of the point of sale system:
- Inventory of receipts and cost of sales.
- Maps connections to financial statement software.
- Reviews the updates of system and menu pricing.
- Generating system reports as needed.
- Review of event reports and forecasting including:
- Event profitability reports.
- Waste reports
- Labor usage reports
- Pre-Event forecasting
- Assists Finance Department with the preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting.
- Inventory control.
- Spot checking count inventory for month-end reporting.
- Supervises data entry of inventory into Peachtree.
- Review month end inventory.
- Works with external auditors in verifying financial information/procedures.
- Works with the Food & Beverage Department to establish controls for Food & Beverage financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems including:
- Loss Prevention
- Event forecasting
- Labor forecasting
- Event yield analysis
- Safeguarding cash
- Hires, Trains and Schedules All Vault Employees
- Assist F&B Managers with event cash handling procedures and reconciliation, including:
- Determining the number of POS locations/Banks Required Per event
- Vault reconciliations and verification of revenues and expenses.
- Making schedules and training of the vault staff and cashiers.
- Ordering Cash.
- Acts as Manager on Duty as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accounting Degree required from an Accredited College or University
- 1-2 years in accounting and/or financial management department; experience in Concessions/Restaurant/Inventory Management preferred.
- Experience in high volume cash handling a plus.
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours based on events including daytime, evening, weekend and holidays needed.
- Previous Food & Beverage Finance Experience is preferred.
- Previous Supervisory experience preferred, but not required.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
SMG/Raising Cane's River Center