POSITION: VAULT CLERK
REPORTS TO: Food and Beverage Accountant, Staff Accountant – Accounts Payable
FLSA STATUS: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Summary: Under supervision of the Food and Beverage Account and the Staff Accountant – Accounts Payable, prepares starting banks; provides change during events and prepares deposits at the end of all events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Controls assigned company funds and communicates all questionable transactions and/or documentation to proper person.
- Verifies, records, and witnesses cash amounts turned in by associates who have responsibility for cash handling.
- Maintains and distributes change according to event needs.
- Prepares, issues, and collects cashier banks.
- Uses manual and mechanical means to count and verify cashier drops.
- Prepares final event deposit for delivery to bank.
- Sends out sales report with accurate information to company personnel.
- Troubleshoots issues with POS Terminals.
- Uses POS Software to reconcile event sales reports and inventory reports.
- Completes applicable documentation accurately.
- Review for accuracy and proper completion of all documentation completed by others.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including mornings, nights, weekends, and some holidays.
- Abides by all SMG policies in the Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual, the Business Code of Conduct, and the Cash Handling Procedures.
- Maintain safe, secure, and sanitary working conditions and leave work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Must have a commanding and demonstrative understanding and knowledge of all of the above.
- Must perform all duties above in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to pass a credit check, background check, and reference check.
- 1-2 years cash handling experience preferred.
- Work independently, exercising judgment, and initiative with minimal supervision.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees and others encountered through the course of employment.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using MS Windows, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS Word.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to learn new computer software such as Quest Venue Manager.
Working Conditions: Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. Physical requirements include walking, stooping, lifting up to 30 lbs. and standing for extended periods of time.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
SMG/Raising Cane's River Center